The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for organizing the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of Index Fresh Texas facility. The effective Warehouse Manager directs receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. This position oversees the efficient receipt, storage, and value-adding servicing and dispatch Index Fresh avocados. Ultimately, the ideal candidate should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the Index Fresh values.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Manage inventory control and reconcile with data storage system.
- Work with DC Manger to prepare annual budget.
- Plan work, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc).
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Proactively manage employee performance through constructive feedback, coaching, training and/or corrective action.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with all levels of staff.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- High degree of organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple priorities
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Experience with Famous and/or Prophet Software a plus.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills (speak, read and write).
- Strong sense of business etiquette and confidentiality.
Travel up to 10% of the time may be required. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please click here to submit your resume.