The Shipping Clerk facilitates and coordinates the entire shipping process, including preparing records of shipments, bills of lading and records of receipt.
- Verifies inventory levels for orders prior to scheduling shipping appointments.
- Prepares bills of lading for each shipment and checks and records all items loaded for shipment.
- Posts shipments to customer orders and calculates balance yet to be shipped.
- Upon completion of shipment, closes out orders and forwards document to production planning and accounting departments.
- Notifies supervisor or planning department when major discrepancies regarding quality or quantity occur.
- Coordinate daily shipment between warehouses, process warehouse transfers.
- Communicate with internal departments in regards to receiving of items into the warehouse.
- Answers incoming phone calls, reply to emails and checks in visitors.
- Checks in drivers and ensures drivers adhere to all safety policies.
- Follow good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, and quality requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least six months of warehouse experience, preferably with fresh produce.
- Must have knowledge of shipping and transportation procedures.
- Customer service experience with excellent telephone communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Office clerical skills, including keyboard proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, flexible and reliable
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; work hours vary depending on workload. Requires availability to work irregular or extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Regular attendance and punctuality is a must.
Please click here to submit your resume.