Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician plays a key role in providing the highest quality fruit to our customers.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the Index Fresh values.
- Ensures product meets customer specifications; rejects product out of specification.
- Reports quality for incoming and outgoing product.
- Uses penetrometer to measure pressure of product.
- Visually inspects quality and condition of product.
- Measures stage of ripeness and takes temperature reading.
- Conducts other inspections, including trailer inspection, pallet inspection and inspection of non-conforming product.
- Calibrates measuring and testing equipment at required intervals.
- Communicates with sales team on quality issues, ensuring customers receive quality product.
- Independently runs and prints reports from the ERP system.
- As a member of the Food Safety Team enforces food safety requirement and complete food safety and quality logs.
- Works safely at all times and complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains work area clean and organized to ensure a safe work environment.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience in quality inspection.
- Working knowledge of produce quality inspection.
- Good English, reading, writing and basic math skills required.
- Ability to use inspection instruments.
- Ability to work independently on routine and non-routine assignments.
- Strong sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; work hours vary depending on workload and the operation regularly works Monday through Saturday. This position requires availability to work irregular or extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Regular attendance and punctuality is a must.
Please click here to submit your resume.