The Pre-Conditioning Technician is responsible for the fruit preconditioning process used to ripen fruit to the requested stage.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the Index Fresh values.
- Based on forecasted needs, plan, execute and monitor the ripening process.
- Establish and maintain ripening schedules.
- Operates forklift to move fruit in and out of ripening rooms.
- Monitor ripening rooms and make adjustments as needed.
- Ensures the quality of ripening and that the proper color stage specifications are obtained.
- Tests and assesses fruit.
- Controls inventory levels on a daily basis.
- Communicates with warehouse management on all issues that directly affect the ripening process (inventory levels, color stage of fruit, fruit availability, and other quality related issues).
- Maintains accurate and up to date records of fruit testing and related results.
- May be assigned to work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years ripening experience, preferably avocados.
- Solid product knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use inspection instruments.
- Ability to work independently on routine and non-routine assignments.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- basic keyboard and computer skills and familiarity with Excel.
- Willing and able to work with changing deadlines and shifting priorities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; work hours vary depending on workload and the operation regularly works Monday through Saturday. This position requires availability to work irregular or extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Regular attendance and punctuality is a must.
Some travel may be required. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please click here to submit your resume.