The Plant Accountant is responsible for the accounting process of the Index Fresh Texas facility. This role works with and provides corporate accounting financial data and analysis. The position reports directly to the CFO with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Distribution Center Manager.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the Index Fresh values.
- Obtains primary financial data for accounting records
- Updates and maintains accounting journal, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions.
- Ensures the accuracy of business transactions
- Performs accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger reconciliations
- Performs month end reporting procedures.
- Inventory reconciliation
- Performs data entry and administrative duties
- Time & labor management and coordination with payroll.
- Expense reporting
- Provides financial analysis to management
- Responsible for general office administration and assists with HR functions.
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, or business or equivalent experience
- Three or more years of experience in a Full Charge Bookkeeping or Accounting role.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple priorities
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience with Famous and/or Prophet Software a plus.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgement.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills (speak, read and write) a plus.
- Strong sense of business etiquette and confidentiality
Travel up to 10% of the time may be required. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please click here to submit your resume.