The Forklift Operator safely operates material handling equipment to move product throughout the distribution center.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the Index Fresh values.
- Operates forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Stacks and moves merchandise in designated areas using a forklift, or other powered equipment.
- Handles and stacks product in such a way to prevent damage to product and prevent unsafe and unstable loads.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner, observing and reporting potential areas of concern.
- Reads customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Utilizes RF units or hard copy reports to record the movement of product from the time it is received until it is shipped.
- Assist with inventory and cycle counting.
- Verifies distribution labels with order to be processed.
- Completes proper reporting to process damaged and/or unsellable product.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least 3 years forklift experience and/or using warehouse distribution equipment
- Good English, reading, writing and math skills required.
- Ability to move a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to effectively operate RF units as well as perform data entry when necessary is required.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment in a correct and safe fashion required.
- Must be able to successfully pass in-house training program for powered material handling equipment operator’s license.
- Strong sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Detail oriented and organized.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; work hours vary depending on workload. Requires availability to work irregular or extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Regular attendance and punctuality is a must.
Please click here to submit your resume.