Food Safety and Compliance Supervisor
The Food Safety & Compliance Supervisor works closely with the Distribution Center Manager to implement policies for crucial aspects of the Quality and Food Safety Program for Index Fresh.
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to the Index Fresh values.
- Ensure quality evaluations of inbound, outbound product are carried out, documented according to reporting requirements. Must report product that does not meet specifications, including pallet, packaging, or product appearance.
- Responsible for all food safety audits and inspections.
- Develops, administers and ensures compliance with industry and government regulations, such as GFSI, HACCP and Global GAP.
- Develops content for employee food safety training;
- Maintains and updates food safety manuals, programs and policies.
- Meets with vendors, customers, quality representatives and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality and food safety issues as required.
- Maintains database for supplier’s compliance documentation. GMP, GAP, Social Responsibility.
- Maintains food safety, safety, and quality paperwork
- Oversees the environmental and food contact microbiology program.
- Implements and upholds GMP’s.
- Conduct daily pre-operational audits
- Ensure consistent and thorough follow-up to non-conformities as it relates to quality food safety.
- Assist with technical documents for customers.
- Document control, specification creation and procedure writing.
- Ensure after hours response during high volume seasons and/or in the event of emergencies.
- Assists with health and safety program.
- Bachelor’s degree in food or agricultural sciences or related field or equivalent experience
- Three to five years Food Safety Administrator or Food Safety Supervisor experience
- Working knowledge of occupational safety, health and Food safety laws and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgement.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability.
- High degree of organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple priorities
- Able and willing to adjust tasks and focus in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, flexible and reliable
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills required.
Travel up to 10% of the time may be required. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please click here to submit your resume.